Sunday, April 20, 2008

The End of a Fun Relaxing Spring Break!

Well, it's finally here... the last day of my spring break. :( It does feel like it's been forever since I was back with my 28 little 7 year olds but still not long enough! It has been such a fun 9 days of playing - I just don't want it to end.

WARNING-This is a really long post so I can remember what we did, but feel free to take a peek!

Saturday was my Grandpa's birthday, so we went up to Kaysville on Sunday to celebrate. My mom called me yesterday saying that she couldn't find anyone to cover for my dad (Who was in Hawaii, no fair :)) at the organ in sacrament, so since I was already coming up would I mind playing. It was random, but it was fun. I've decided that I really like playing the organ! Then we went to my grandparents house for lunch. It was a lot of fun seeing my grandma and grandpa. I miss being close enough to just drop in more often. My grandpa is the storyteller of the family. He's always got fun stories (true or not :)) or jokes to keep us all laughing, and my Grandma has such a great attitude about life. I just love them both. They are such good examples to me. My little sister, Rebekah came down to spend a few days celebrating spring break with me.



Monday we slept in and then were really lazy all day. I always use my 'little' sister as an excuse to watch really cheesy chick flicks (the ones I could never talk Dustin into watching like High School Musical and Bring it on Again ha ha). We watched Sydney White with Amanda Bynes and it was pretty cute. It was nice to just chill and spend time with my sister. That night the three of us went out on the town!

On Tuesday we went to get french toast from Kneaders. This is my absolute favorite breakfast food! It's like dessert for breakfast...how much better does it get than that?! Then we made a magnet board for Rebekah's room. It turned out really cute. It was white with purple flowers and green vines. Along the bottom it says Inspire. Mom came to get Bekah that afternoon. That night, along with every Tuesday night the boys had Halo night. Dani brought the kids over so we could chill while our husbands played. I ended up having to go sign our taxes at like 10:30 PM and Dani went with me. What started out being a normal errand ended up being a silly trip. To make a long story short we got back home full of fries and ice cream with lots of laughs! Hooray for marrying into such a fun family!

Wednesday was our lazy day (I was on break and I pretty much took everyone else with me). We slept in. Then, I cleaned and did laundry (the only productive thing I did all day :). Dustin was craving Sushi so we went and got some. When we got home, we caught up on the Bachelor - one of our favorite shows. Then, we took a nap, fixed dinner, and watched TV. It was a lot of fun spending a complete day just hanging out and cuddling with my baby! We get a long so great and I'm so glad we get to spend eternity together!



On Thursday Dani and Matt invited us over for a BBQ...the first of the season! Before we ate, Dani and I finally decided and actually got together to use our cricut machines! It is something that we have talked about doing probably every week since Christmas, but it had only happened twice. We set everything up in her front room and started. We only got about an hour and a half in before we grilled our hamburgers and played our favorite game that we are addicted to... Settlers of Catan (if you've never played you really should because it is SO much fun!)



Friday Dustin and Matt were going golfing because the weather was way nice, so I went and cricuted since all our stuff was still set up. I got a lot of scrapbooking done today and it was a blast. The boys were gone until about 5:30-6ish, and when they got back we left the kids to run get some needed scrapbook supplies so we could keep going. On our way back we bought some mongolian grill (very yummy) then played settlers again. Tonight we started early enough that we got two games in.



Saturday morning we went and got french toast again (I was in heaven). Then, we went to get an hour massage (way to end spring break huh)! On my way home from the massage my cousin Marie called and said they were headed to Provo to run some errands and wondered if we wanted to go to California Pizza Kitchen. We met them there and had some really yummy pizza! It was great to see them again. On our way home from eating I really wanted to scrapbook/cricut some more (I go through these phases where I'm not motivated and then that's all I want to do) so we went over and cricuted for another half day. Then, we got hungry so we grilled some kabobs and played another game of settlers. I'm telling you... we are ADDICTED! This was the craziest game I think we have ever played and will definitley be a story that we will tell our kids one day. Good times!

Sunday was just another great Sunday! (the only bad thing was that it marked the end of my spring break). We went to church and our Relief Society lesson was AMAZING! It was about the incredible gift of the Holy Ghost and how we are blessed to have it with us always. It just opened my eyes to what a great blessing that is if I live worthy to have it with me always. Just a side note... I'm reading this incredible book called Hearing the Voice of the Lord that went along great with the lesson. It's all about how God communicates or at least tries to on a very regular basis and how we can tune in and listen to him on a regular basis. Good read and only 15 bucks at Costco! After church we came home snacked and took a 3 1/2 hour nap (Sunday naps ROCK!) When we woke up we had a delicious roast waiting for us (gotta love crockpots) then everyone came over for game night. It was a good end to a great Spring Break. Only 6 more weeks till schools out for the summer! YaHoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.