Where do I even start. Dustin is from Southeast Texas, down by Beaumont and Galveston... right where the Hurricaine went. Most all of his extended family is from Bridge City, a city that was on the news because of the flooding. We kept getting small updates because there wasn't power for a while but finally figured out that every single house in Bridge City had water damage. Two sets of Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, cousins and their families, most of Dustin's family except his parents live there in Bridge City. Anyways, Dustin went down to help get things cleaned up down there and because of teaching, I couldn't leave. It sounds like he's had quite the adventure but I'll let him tell all about that, and we'll post pictures. I am really glad that he could go help out his family but I must admit that I am very excited to see him tomorrow night. It's been a long 6 days with no Dustin but I have managed to have some fun.
Over the weekend I went up to Kaysville for a bridal shower. I had planned on spending the night but ended up staying 2! (I really don't like going home to an empty house, especially when it's dark outside.) While I was up there I got to hang out with my cuz Marie and her adorable little girl Dani. They used to live in Lehi but recently moved to get ready for Grad school. We sure miss having them close! Dani was talking a lot and knows quite a few animal sounds, soooo cute!

I also got to see my other cuz Heidi for about an hour. She's teaching first grade too so we swapped stories about our crazy kiddos. Growing up I had the perfect situation... my mom had three sisters and each of them have a girl within one years difference from me. That meant I always had someone to play with and when we were all together it was SO much fun! We were missing our other cuz who had to go in for surgery quickly for her gall bladder.

I got to go to church with my grandpa. After church we went and sat on his porch swing and just talked. I used to do that when I was a kid and we'd drink root beer floats. Although we didn't have those, it was nice to spend some time with him. He's the best Grandpa!
The rest of the Kaysville trip was spent with my parents. It was so nice to just chill at home with them. My mom was running around helping with my cousin's wedding stuff and it was humbling watching how much she gives to all those around her. Thanks for being such a great example of service mom. I got to help her while she sewed some of the dreses and it really made me want to re-learn how to sew. Also, we canned peaches and I got to bring some home. Yummy! I'm excited to eat them.


Then Monday morning at 6 AM I left Kaysville to go to work. The other two nights I've spent over at Dani and Matt's house. I've been able to play with my super cute niece and nephew the past two days which has been amazingly fun! It's been nice to have people to talk to also, instead of just going home to an empty house.

This is a random pic of me and Jax at Jamba Juice. He went to town on that smoothie! He sort of looks drunk on the thing. haha Isn't he so stinkin' cute!
So, thanks to everyone who kept me company this week while Dustin's been gone. It has been a lot of fun!
2 comments:
SOunds like you had a fun weekend! I hate when my hubby is gone! Especially at night!
I'm glad his family is okay!
Good for Dustin for posting too. I'm going to try to get Derek to post. Anyway, interesting what a hurricane can do to your perspective. It was interesting to read Dustin's post (even though it wasn't fluffy:)), but it makes you think how you work so hard for all these things and it really could be gone in a moment. Makes you second guess what you're spending your time on and if they are the most important things. Anyway, hope all is well with yall...sorry you had to be w/o Dustin...I'm sure it made for a fun reunion when he came back. I remember I hated it when Derek would go on hockey trips but it was fun to see how much we missed each other when he got back. Anyway, hope to see yall down here one of these days.
Post a Comment