I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. It's got to be one of my favorite holidays with the parades, carnivals, bbq's, swimming and FIREWORKS! I LOVE fireworks. This year we went down to the parade and met up with Matt, Dani and their two kids. That made the parade so much better. Lexi kept pointing to all the royalty and saying "Look it's another princess in her castle". And everytime there was a marching band or loud music playing, Jax would start bustin' a move. So stinking cute! After the parade we headed to Dustin's store for a few hours. I decided I would go wave a sign around outside to get peoples attention and we ended up putting a monster sak on top of the van and I layed there, got a sun tan and wiggled the sign around a bit. Got lots of honks and hopefully some people will come back! There was a nice breeze that would cool me off occasionally. Then we closed up shop and went to a bbq at Roxanne's club house. It was really nice and they had an outdoor pool. We ate then went swimming with the kids. We then came home and took naps until Matt, Dani and the kids came to our place and we watched fireworks from our roof again. It was a gorgeous night until about 10 minutes before the fireworks started when it started raining. We had big blankets so we covered up and braved the rain to watch the fireworks (it wasn't raining too hard). Fun night with lots of great conversation! ha ha Sunday we went to Kaysville to celebrate my little sisters 17th birthday. We had a delicious dinner then played croquet and washers and just relaxed outside. I love the summer! Sorry I didn't take my camera.
In other summer news, I finally finished landscaping our front flowerbeds. What a project that turned out to be. My mom came down to help me plant everything and when we tried to dig a hole we hit nothing but rock. Long story short, two 8 hour days digging down a foot of rock and clay, 1 8 hour day putting good dirt back in and planting everything and now I can just go sit and enjoy it! Thanks Jim and Mom for all the help in getting it ready! Here are the pics.
Digging out the bad dirt. Yeah, all those rocks came out of the flower garden.

This was one of the biggest boulders we pulled out!

And the finished product. Everything is really small this year put it will all come up again next year. Also, there are bulbs that are just starting to pop through and we planted ivy to cover the tall gray part of the house and the stairs. I'm so excited to watch everything grow!



Oh and all the rocks in the flower garden are rocks we pulled out of the garden.
Hope you're having a great summer!
2 comments:
Great job on the flower bed! It looks like tons of work, but it turned out so cute:)
Oh my heck, Super cute yard! I love that you reused the rocks you found!
Post a Comment