Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grandma Little

My sweet Grandma Little was reunited with her parents and siblings recently. Her health hadn't been the best over the past few years but I just always thought she would be around forever. She was an incredible lady from whom I learned a lot. All my life I have lived within an hour of my Grandparents and for many years I lived only 10 minutes away. Grandma and Grandpa were always so involved with my life. They came to many of my performances and special events. Grandma was always interested in what I was up to. Living close I loved just dropping by and visiting with them, they always made me feel so special and loved. Grandma had such a positive attitude about life. Dustin and I went up visit them for Grandpa's birthday about two weeks before she passed away. I am so grateful that we did because we had a wonderful visit.

My very favorite memory with Grandma was just this past October. My mom and I took Grandma to New York City. She had always wanted to go but had never made it. We saw lots of plays and the sights and did so many fun things but the night we went to Carniege Hall was the best. We could not flag a taxi because all the shows in NYC start at 8 o'clock when a little bicycle taxi pulled up and asked us if we wanted a ride. We looked at his little contraption and thought how hard it would be for us to get it and all fit. He said we could fit so we gave it a try. Mom and Grandma climbed in then I sat on their laps. It was raining so we had this clear tarp thing over us. We started giggling before we ever even left because we were squished in a little cart behind a bicycle taxi, all dressed up, going to Carniege Hall! The guy took off riding and he was working for his money this time. He got us there pretty quick and we laughed the whole way. Getting out was an interesting feat but we were all in one piece with tears streaming down our cheeks because we were laughing so hard. After the recital when we were going down the elevator Grandma kept telling everyone "You'll never guess how we got here..." and she would bust up laughing again. It was really fun to see a silly, carefree, laugh till you cry Grandma that night.



It's times like this that really strengthen my testimony and make me so grateful for the plan of salvation. I don't know what I would do if I thought that this was it, how depressing. Life is so much better and trails are more bearable knowing that there is life after this. I am also grateful that Heavenly Father gave us families, people who love and care about us no matter what and that are there for us as we go through these trials. I have learned so much from my family and are so grateful for them.

P.S. Grandpa, I love you so much and I am so lucky to have you as my Grandpa. We need to have root beer floats on your back porch again this summer!

No comments: