I used to not like Halloween as a kid. I HATE being scared. Scary movies, masks, haunted houses ... count me out. I did always like dressing up and going trick or treating (what kid doesn't). Since I've been teaching first grade, Halloween is quite the big deal. The kids get excited about it about a month before the big day. The past two years I have been a witch and I decided to change it up this year. Not only that but I got bit by the crafty bug and decided that I would sew my own tinkerbell costume. It was SO much fun and I think it turned out alright. I was SO excited to get all dressed up this year, I woke up 30 minutes early and couldn't fall back asleet, which if you know me is hard to believe! Here are my adorable first graders!

They had some really fun costumes. My favorites are the robot and the strawberry. I was tinkerbell (couldn't find any white wings so they are pink). I had a close up of my costume but my computer's hard drive totally crashed and they are trying to fix it right now. Keep your fingers crossed that they can retrive some of the stuff.
7 comments:
They are SOO cute! I bet you are such a great teacher.
What a great picture. I love your costume. I told Ty that we were Bella and Edward and all he had to do was be extremely good looking.
Cute costume. I have to say that I did not miss being at school on Halloween. At least this year it was on a Friday. Hopefully they made it a common day again.
Love the pictures. about lunch i would like to wait a few weeks so my new pills work for my shock. I will let you know went i want to do.
Katie
Your classroom is SO cute! I love your rug!
We need your email address and then I can send the cookie recipe and the picture. I thought Ty had it but he doesn't! mine is tysgirlygirl@yahoo.com
You are so lucky you get to dress up! We don't and I love dressing up for Halloween. My kindergarteners are always so disapppointed that we can't dress up at school!
Post a Comment