Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yes we're still alive

From the looks and sounds of it, we're not the only ones who have hit a wall with blogging. It's not that nothing exciting is going on, I just haven't felt motivated to blog about anything. But by request of my cousins ... here is a quick update.

We've had two birthdays in our house and 6 in just our immediate families in the past two months (all but one in March). Dustin turned the whopping 2-8 and I turned a quarter of a century. For Dustin's birthday we had a little get together with his family/going away party for Rachel and Brandon (man that seems like FOREVER ago). He was sick on his actual birthday which was kind of the pits. He got a fish for Christmas (long story, ask him). My birthday was a school day and my first graders wanted to sing to me like every 5 minutes. They were really cute. We went to Outback with some family and friends. Dustin got me beautiful Gerber Daisies, and a bike and I'm so excited to be able to ride all over town as soon as it warms up. Funny story, he got me an ice cream cake that looked heavenly. It was called Mud Pie and it looked like chocolate and peanut butter. He cut it and served it and we all started eating it. It was then that we all realized, that isn't peanut butter, it's coffee flavored! Ha ha! We had a good laugh over that one.

In other news, as many of you know, we can't stay put in one place for very long. We moved into our new place and it was a nightmare!!! The first night, our neighbors had quite the party and were blasting music until all hours of the night. A few mornings later someone went cruising up our street, very early in the morning honking their horn. Other times there were teen aged boys peeping in the basement windows, or grown couples coming right up to the window to look in. Needless to say... kind of a scary place, especially for me! So we put in some time there, trying to make it work and now have decided to move back and keep it vacant for a little while. Oh, the adventures!

I am very excited for General Conference this weekend. I LOVE conference time! I love the energy boost that I get. We are so blessed to have living prophets that lead and guide us and remind us the things we can do to make our lives better than we ever thought possible. And here's keeping our fingers crossed that it gets warmer by the weekend!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Yay I'm glad to see an update! We miss you! I'm sorry you had some weird occurances with moving...I know how you feel. Let's just say one of our neighbors is an aspiring Hell's Angel, and the other is a "retired musician." Yay for neighbors.