Monday, April 5, 2010

And a few more pics...

These are the pictures off our underwater camera. In Grand Cayman we got to swim with Stingrays! Everyone said that was the 'thing' to do there. We were a little nervous because Steve Irwin died from one of these things but our guide explained that the only part of a stingray that was dangerous was it's tail. I always thought it would sting you, like shock you if you touched it but they said it's like a giant toothpick. They use it against sharks if they are in danger, they'll stick it strait up so the shark can't bite down. So we got in there with the stingrays and they were so nice.
First we fed the stingrays. It felt like a vacuum sucking the food out of your hand. They were soft and slippery and they would come swim right up to you. It was amazing!


Here are the pictures from hiking the waterfall in Jamaica. It was so nice that they let us take our own camera on this tour. Here are some of our favorites!
This was right when we jumped in. The water was a little chilly but nothing like Utah waterfalls.



3 comments:

BRZZ Odom said...

props to you for doing that. I'm way too chicken. But then again...you married Dusty and probably don't have that much of a choice. 8)

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

I totally had a choice and I LOVE trying new things! The stingrays were amazing and hiking the Dunns River Falls was my idea. We're a good mix together with adventures. When are you going to bring your cute babies up here for a visit?

Marie said...

Super proud of you. And you look super cute---I'm not the only one who noticed--check out the guy in the white hat totally digging you!!